Author Topic: Texas Service Pistol Team  (Read 3396 times)

Ghillieman

• Marksman
  • Dan Miller
Texas Service Pistol Team
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:13:37 PM »
There has been some discussion among the Texas pistol team that went to Perry this year about fielding a service pistol team for Perry 2016. There has been sufficient interest and it was decided that the next step is to open a dialogue here. So let's start here.

We need 4 shooters, 1 must have never fired in the National Trophy Team Match before, a coach, and a captain.

If you are interested in going to Camp Perry with the pistol team and shooting in the NTT match then please say so here. Optimally, we should have several shooters at Camp Perry that the coach and captain can choose from to create the highest possible team score.

We also need to establish a single person to be the liaison for the team, possibly to become the team captain, that can devote time to this effort and guarantee they will be at Camp Perry 2016.

We need a team coach that, if at all possible,has coaching experience with the NTT match. Should be able to establish a training schedule and overall plan to maximize our efforts.

Spread the word to anyone that may be interested and please mention this to anyone who has coaching experience. I would like to get everyone that wants to be involved on this one thread so that we can all make a decision in electing a coach and captain, hopefully before the end of the year.

Dan Miller
Mineola, TX

straybrit

• Marksman
  • Derek Bergin
Re: Texas Service Pistol Team
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
Well, I'll be at Perry. But - I have no idea which, if any, team I'll be shooting on. Although I'm now an official Colorado resident I'm still a TSRA (and ARC) member so I could shoot for either. Actually - possibly both if it's just the NTT.

Derek

sam762

• Marksman
  • Sam Miller
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »
I'm interested. I believe there is also the option to enter as an out of competition team. I throw that out there if we don't want to burn shooters on our first time out. Just a thought.

If there is enough interest, we could field 2 teams. Maybe one in competition and one out?

Sam

fajitapete

• Marksman
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
Awesome idea, how can we determine if a shooter has shot the NTT ?

Somewhere here in Texas there has to be four or more shooters that can kick but at Perry . . .

Bullseye Shooter

• Marksman
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »
Well, I'll be at Perry. But - I have no idea which, if any, team I'll be shooting on. Although I'm now an official Colorado resident I'm still a TSRA (and ARC) member so I could shoot for either. Actually - possibly both if it's just the NTT.

Derek

Just so we don't get confused.  If you are shooting the NRA Service Pistol team match at Perry with a State Association team, you need to be a legal resident of the state, not just a member of the state association.

They keep records of who shot on which team.  When I went to Perry in 2007 we fielded a Service Pistol team, but I did not shoot on it.  At that time, it was Dave Howland, Tom Tinkham, Van Canfield and Carroll McKeever who shot the team match.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it next year.  We'll see.
Daryl
TSRA Pistol Director

Ghillieman

• Marksman
  • Dan Miller
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:42:40 AM »
Just so everything is clear and we all know who is commenting on this thread, please go to your profile and add your name, thanks.

Texas was well represented in the NRA matches this year. This is an effort to build a Texas team for the CMP National Trophy Team pistol match.
Dan Miller
Mineola, TX

roy w plumlee

• Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »
I am a retired Army CW4(ordinance).  I have some experience in team leadership, organization and selection.  I hold U.S. Army Distinguished badges in both rifle and pistol.
If I can be of service to the Texas team I would consider it an honor, Just let me know what my next move should be.

Roy Plumlee

Bullseye Shooter

• Marksman
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
I am a retired Army CW4(ordinance).  I have some experience in team leadership, organization and selection.  I hold U.S. Army Distinguished badges in both rifle and pistol.
If I can be of service to the Texas team I would consider it an honor, Just let me know what my next move should be.
Roy Plumlee

Roy,
The State Outdoor match is scheduled for May 14 and 15 at the Austin Rifle Club.  If you have time, you could lend Al Osborn a hand at the match and we would be able to sit down and select team members for Perry.  And I can always use help weighing triggers.   :)
Daryl
TSRA Pistol Director

roy w plumlee

• Marksman
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »
I will be there to help any way I can

Roy Plumlee